Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Al-Zarqawi? Meet Curly...

I'm coming off a really rough week at work. Sometimes I feel like I am in an elaborate practical joke. The many parallels to Dilbert and "Office Space" would surely seem cliched.

This last couple of years have been a huge adjustment. Going from freelance production work in a very loosey goosey environment to corporate America has been really bizarre. I mean I used to bail producers of rap videos out of jail when they'd get busted for blow and now I listen to my boss blather on about "employee engagement" and such.

I worry that the inspirational posters and cube mazes will start to become the norm in my world. And it's just so monotonous and draining. Some of the people really frighten me! My supervisor recently asked all of her reports if we'd like to attend a Christian rock concert to watch her husband rock out. Seriously.

One of my co-workers has a screensaver of Curly from the Three Stooges. This has prompted lots of Stooges sound effects from all of the office droids who walk by his cubicle.
One guy went by, stopped, did some of Curly's signature moves (complete with vocals) and then asked, "Hey - did ya hear the good news? They killed that Iraqi guy in an air raid!". The Curly screensaver guy said, "Yeah. Cool!" and then proceeded to talk some more about the genius that was Curly.

2 Comments:

Blogger japhy99 said...

Nyuck, nyuck, nyuck!

Poke me in the eye or the terrorists win!

5:42 AM

 
Blogger japhy99 said...

Nyuck, nyuck, nyuck!

Poke me in the eye or the terrorists win!

5:43 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home